Michelle Rhee Details Plans for Spreading Education Reform

Michelle Rhee Details Plans for Spreading Education Reform

Her statements about teachers' unions are offensive and incorrect. No one that I know wants to put teachers before students! We all got into teaching for the students, we are not so self-absorbed that we forget that! When I go out to represent members, I always ask myself "would I want this person teaching/working with my child?" When I talk to politicians or other non-educators, I always work for what is best for the student. I wish I could speak directly to Ms. Rhee and tell her that she has it all wrong, testing or under-paid teachers are not what is best for children!! Allowing teachers who are happy and respected to do what they are trained to do IS what is best for children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment