AJC article

Yesterday, on my way to an appointment, I answered some questions for AJC reporter Mary Lou Pickel regarding the RIFs in Cobb County. I recounted the tension, anxiety and fear in my school, as well as some of the people/positions that where cut so far. I fear that this is not the final word on cuts in Cobb. When I went into education back in 1998, I never thought I would see the wholescale destruction of our profession that we are witnessing now. I thought my career choice was lay-off proof. That special educators would always be in demand. They were even giving signing bonuses for us to teach special ed! It is a travesty that will leave a lasting ugly mark on our country, our profession, and our children.

www.ajc.com/news/1-500-teachers-in-519824.html

No comments:

Post a Comment