Retirements

This week is going to be bittersweet for me. Two of the people who first brought me into CCAE are retiring. I am losing two of my main mentors in one week! These two women, Debbie Gunter and Linda Roberson-Brown, are everything I hope to become. Debbie is feisty, outspoken, and committed, a true advocate for public education. Linda (or RB as I know her) is calm, cool, collected, and level-headed, always a lady, no matter what the circumstances. My hope for my presidency is that I can somehow channel them both by bringing Debbie's commitment and dedication along with RB's calmness and sense of what is proper to my own personality. If I can become half the women that they are, I will have grown so much since they first recruited me. I hope I can make them proud of me and glad that they got me started in CCAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment