My Last Day

Well, today was my last day as a classroom teacher. I worked at cleaning my room, packing up all my stuff, and changing my self-image from teacher to President. I was doing ok until lunch. We had a staff lunch where they gave out mementos to the people leaving. 30 people were leaving Griffin for a variety of reasons. So many good people will not be there next year. I found myself saying, "I am so sorry you will not be here next year" over and over. Then I realized that I will not be there either. That brought tears to my eyes. Of course, I glossed it over and held strong until I was alone. Being a teacher has been who I am for so long, I can't even imagine it not being part of me. But as of today, I am no longer a classroom teacher. So, tears wiped off, I am ready to face the challenge of being the full time President of the Cobb County Association of Educators! I hope to serve my members with wisdom, intelligence, and to empower them to know their rights, to speak up for themselves, and to always be informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment