Recognition Celebration

Wow, I am so glad that the party last night went well!! The dinner, provided by Bren Hererra, was wonderful and everyone went back for seconds.

During the dinner and the festivities, the retirees enjoyed their gifts and moment in the spotlight. One of my personal mentors, and the woman who brought me into CCAE, Linda Roberson-Brown, was one of the retirees. I couldn't help but get choked up presenting her gift, as I will miss her so much! Fanny won recruiter of the year for her amazing work, especially with the bus drivers!

The new governing board was installed, myself included. I had imagined how good it would feel to finally be sworn in, but the enormity of the task ahead of me made me a little more serious than usual. It is such a dark time for education in Cobb County that my joy was tinged with sorrow for all the people out of jobs and for the children who will be affected by the changes.

But, I saved the best for last!!! My great friend, Chris Arpante, made the desserts for the party last night!!! She is amazing and, as usual, she made a cake that took my breath away!! And, her blackberry cheesecake cups were to die for!! Thanks for the surprise cake; I loved it!! Most importantly, thank you for all the support over the years.

And, to all the members of CCAE, thanks for believing in me and entrusting me with your leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment