Recognition Celebration!!

Good Monday Morning!! I am working on the Recognition Celebration program today. The celebration is Tuesday May 11th at the Smyrna Community Center. Dinner is served at 6pm. We will be celebrating our retiring STARS, recognizing our current STARS, and introducing our new STARS!! The theme of the evening is Old Hollywood - A Celebration of Stars. This is probably the last event I will get to really plan, I have to delegate it next year. I love event planning, so giving the responsibility up will be hard. Delegation is probably my biggest weakness, I worry that everything will not get done. I am going to work hard on that the next two years!
On a more somber note, some teachers are getting word today and this week that their jobs are at an end. I still cannot quite believe that Cobb County is cutting this many teachers! Part of what I loved about teaching was that you thought you would always have a job. I am terrified about where we are going in public education. How will all these cuts impact our children? Our teachers? Our county, state, country? We must stand up as education professionals and DEMAND the best for our children and ourselves!! There has never been a more important time to be an active member of CCAE, GAE, NEA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment