Meetings, Meetings, Meetings

Wow, I have had so many meetings the last couple of days that I don't even know where to start! The most important meeting was the CCAE board meeting last night. We discussed our plan of action for the issues confronting Cobb County Schools right now. I am horrified that Oakwood High School is closing (or being re-designed!). It serves as a place to belong for students who need a different kind of high school. It also raises the graduation rate for Cobb County! We also discussed the Leadership Development Academy this summer at Callaway Gardens. I was privilaged to attend the LDA a couple of times and learned a great deal each time. I think the people selected to attend are lucky! I hope they bring new energy and ideas back to us here in Cobb. Also on the agenda was the National Education Association Represenative Assembly (NEA RA) this summer in New Orleans. I am very excited to be attending!!! I love New Orleans! This event is amazing. Imagine thousands of education professionals in one giant room carrying out democratic debate on issues in education! It can be intimidating but is always exciting! The meeting lasted until after 8pm, so we were all exhausted but got so much done that it was worth it. Please ask if you want more details on our action plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment