Mix Up in Emails

Today I learned the power of email the hard way. An email that I typed early last week, when we first learned of the salary hearings, that said we thought that CCSD was going to cut our pay again, went out to a large number of members. In time, it made it's way to the Superintendent's office. I then received an agitated email that pointed out that I had my facts wrong from that office. I apologise for my email going out to anyone without the correct facts. I did clarify here on an earlier blog, date 5/20, so that I didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression or information. I am new to this president thing, but I am honest and very forthright, as anyone who knows me can tell you. I will strive to ensure that ALL information coming out in my name is as factual as possible. We are meeting at the board meeting Thursday, but only to empower the teachers and staff who feel disenfranchised from the process. We want them to understand that they have power, that they can make a difference, and that they have a voice in education in Cobb County.

No comments:

Post a Comment